Pet Cosy is a 100% Irish owned company specialising in the manufacture of insulated dog kennels.
Dog kennel Comfort
Our dog kennels were born out of a genuine love for dogs and concern for their comfort. A Pet Cosy dog kennel is designed with the comfort, safety and warmth of your dogs first and foremost in our minds.
All materials are carefully sourced from companies in the Republic of Ireland. Each kennel is individually handcrafted using the best materials possible: 16mm pressure treated shiplap timber, furniture grade birch plywood interior and 40mm insulation which is “CFC/HCFC free rigid urethane insulation”. The “feet” on our dog kennels are composite which will not soak up water. They are fixed to a super-material called “Tough-ply” creating a water-resistant base. We go one step further with floor insulation. It is waterproof exterior grade to prevent any possibility of dampness getting trapped in the floor cavity.
Dog Kennel Heat Retention
Unlike other dog kennels:
- 60mm walls (40mm Insulation and 20mm Wood).
- Wall, ceiling and floor panels are insulated, totally encapsulating the interior in insulation.
- The 50mm insulated roof panel is wrapped in weather proof mineral felt.
- Every panel is sealed tight with a 10mm x 26mm heavy duty weather seal at the ceiling to wall joints and wall to wall joints and at wall to floor joints. This greatly improves heat retention compared to other dog kennels.
- All of our kennels come fitted with an *Internal & External (Double) overlapped PVC curtain door as standard, helping to create a super-warm interior for your dog’s comfort.
Dog Kennel Hygiene
Our Special Comfort Floor is a very tough EVA foam mat which has the ability to soften and warm with your dog’s body heat. This also has real health and comfort benefits especially for large breeds and older or rehabilitating pets.
It is specially sourced from an Irish company, for the comfort and hygiene of your pet. In its original use, the mat was used as a cow cubicle mat for wintering cows indoors. In this situation, the mat has a 10 year guarantee and although the manufacturer does not include our specific use in the guarantee, they have said you can extrapolate from the guarantee that it will last equally as long in dog kennels.
We use hardwood ply board on the interior walls, we apply a single coat of high quality water based varnish with a satin finish, which hardens the surface but retains its natural ability to deal with condensation from your pets breathing. The wood wall panels do not come into contact with the floor mat. A rubber seal is placed between the floor and wall to prevent water from soaking up into the walls should a wet pet enter the kennel. This also allows the walls to dry out faster when a wet pet touches them. The floor also has a very small drain in each corner, which ensures that water cannot pool in the interior if a very wet pet enters.
Dog Kennel Design
The design of our dog kennels has been and continues to be a constantly evolving process. We have worked hard for many years, as we strive to be The Best Dog House Manufacturer in Ireland, supplying the highest quality dog kennels to the Irish market and beyond. To date, our dog kennels have many unique benefits by design:
- A Reassuring 40mm of High Quality Insulation in walls and roof, 30mm in floor.
- Weather Seals at every panel joint.
- Specially sourced Comfort and Hygiene Flooring placed directly over insulation.
- Beautiful interior fully lined with hardwood ply board coated in water based satin varnish.
- Original quick release roof panel for fast and convenient access.
- Internal & External (Double) overlapped PVC Curtain Doors*.
- Water-resistant Base with Composite Feet.
- Adjustable Air Flow Vent depending on the season.
- Each of the Walls, Floor or Ceiling Panels are Individually Replaceable.
- The Door Frame is Individually Replaceable.
- The Corner Trims and Fascia Boards are Individually Replaceable.
- The Double PVC Curtain Door is replaceable or every PVC strip is individually replaceable should the need ever arise in the future.
- We offer a choice of 7 Door Frame Colours.
Puppies: We have paid attention to the fact that some customers are purchasing a new house for a puppy. Puppies are curious and full of energy and our design allows for replacement parts when your puppy has passed that “curious” stage :-). With every other dog kennel, if your puppy damages anything, you have to live with it for the life of the dog kennel, with Pet Cosy products this is not an issue.
The only dog kennel with these value for money benefits for your dog’s comfort.
“We are all pet lovers in Pet Cosy, we truly put our hearts into every single product we handcraft, so when I say Pet Cosy products are “Made With Love”, I mean it from the bottom of my heart”. Declan Brennan, Owner/Creator.
*Placing a dog kennel in a sheltered location, paying particular attention to the direction the door opening is facing in regards to prevailing winds, can significantly improve comfort and safety.